What is Chemical Grouting?
Chemical Grouting is a newer sinkhole repair method which injects a polyurethane foam in low viscosity liquid form at low pressure into cohesionless soils. Most geotechnical Engineers use Chemical Grouting for the purpose of consolidating the loose and sandy soils which are above the treatment zones from the compaction grouting processes.
This procedure can often also be used around pool decks, walkways, underneath foundation slabs, and re-leveling of foundation slabs. The entire Chemical Grouting process typically takes anywhere between1 to 2 days to complete.
How is Chemical Grouting used on my home?
- Your Geotechnical Engineer’s repair design is reviewed and installation points are located around the property.
- Then at each and every injection point, a 5/8″ injection pipe in advanced to the depth recommended by the project engineer.
- Once all the injection pipes are installed in the treatment zones around your property, the injection process begins.
- As the fluid begins to flow, the voids are quickly filled and soils which surround and support the structure are densified and the foundation is gently lifted and supported. The chemical grout has the ability to expands over time up to twenty times (20x) it’s own volume.
- The Chemical Grouting solution then quickly hardens combining with the loose soils to create a solid stone-like mass that has increased load-bearing capabilities.
- The foundation re-leveling or stabilization is a controlled with precise operation, and it is consistently monitored with rotary lasers and alarm receivers.
- Once the proper amount of polyurethane is injected or lift has been gained, the process is halted and the worksite is cleaned up.
For more information on Sinkhole Repair call us at 813-622-6454
Cities We ServeServing All of Florida with Sinkhole Repair, Foundation Repair and Sinkhole Remediation