Deep Compaction Grouting
What is Deep Compaction Grouting and how is it performed?
For over 50 years Deep Compaction Grouting has been utilized to correct soil settlement problems in both new and existing structures. This type of sinkhole repair is widely used by many geotechnical engineering firms and is commonly recommended in many engineering reports.
Compaction Grouting is a process of injecting a low mobility cement grout mixture under high pressure, through a number of angled and vertical injection points around your home. The objective is to fill the voids beneath the structure and increase the density of the soil layers which supports your house thus remediating the sinkhole activity.
The first step is to install steel grout casings around your home using a drill rig. The casing is installed to the maximum treatment depth using the rotary wash method, which allows the casing to be snugly seated a few feet into limestone. Once all the injection pipes are installed, each point is flushed to ensure a clear path for the grout to flow. At this point the grout is ready to be pumped by connecting the concrete pump to the pipes.
As the grout is pumped through the steel casing the casing is slowly extracted in controlled incremental lifts, usually two to five feet at a time. In the first few treatment zones the compaction grout spreads, sealing the limestone surface. This creates a blanket over the limestone which will keep the upper soils from further raveling through the fissures in the limestone cracks. Then as higher pressures are reached, the casing is lifted and pumping resumes again at the new level. The process will continue at this level until pumping has reached higher pressures again. Then the casing is lifted more and pumping continues at the next level.
Grout is pumped through the casing creating a dense zone – compacting the soils around it and increasing soil density in the targeted treatment areas until the area is fully stabilized. As injection points are finished, the grouting process moves on to the next point and continues there, point by point all the way around the property until all the injection points have been fully pumped.
The structure is monitored continuously for movement by using pressure gauges located between the concrete pump and the injection pipe, transits, and laser levels. This allows the installation crew and the monitoring engineer to determine the effectiveness and extent of the compaction work.
The final site cleanup happens as all casing is removed from the property and landscaping is restored.
Why use Champion for my Deep Compaction Grouting?
- Our track-mounted drill rig is capable of getting through 36″ wide doorways and confined spaces, minimizing the removal of screened doors and fence gates.
- Champion Foundation Repair takes many precautions to protect your home, landscaping and vegetation while the installation takes place.
- Champion Foundation Repair only purchases grout material from certified, independent grout suppliers such as Cemex and B.E.T.E.R Mix. We do this to insure the highest quality product for your project as well as independent verification of quality, times and amounts.
- Our state of the art training process ensures you have the highest qualified professionals in the business.
- All of our personnel are drug tested and background checked before they step foot on your property.
- We will not subcontract your project out.
- Our staff will walk through every part of your project.
- We train all of our personnel to respect your property.
- All of our drilling equipment has rubber treads or tires and we use mats to reduce the impact of our equipment to your lawn and landscaping.
- We always use plastic sheeting to cover windows and walls during drilling and grouting phases of your project. This minimizes any mess that is created. We also have crew members clean as they go.
- We protect your pool from grout intrusion.
- During the grouting operations, the majority of the time the structure may remain occupied and in-service.
Cities We ServeServing All of Florida with Sinkhole Repair, Foundation Repair and Sinkhole Remediation