Man falls into sinkhole in his own house

by Michael Mosher on October 13, 2017

Post image for Man falls into sinkhole in his own house

GEORGE TOWN: A 39-years-old man, who was injured after falling into a sinkhole at his house in Lorong Tampin, Jalan Perak, here, is planning to take legal action against a private developer and the Penang Island City Council (MBPP).

Muhammad Adnan Muhammad Nor, a school teacher, said the developer had been causing him problems since they started building two units of a three-storey house beside his house in 2013.

Cracks started to appear on his walls but what angered him most was the sinkhole which appeared yesterday about 6pm, believed to be due to the construction.

“There is a limit to my patience. Yesterday they crossed the line. I was walking there and all of a sudden the cement floor sank.

“I fell into the waist deep hole with my left ankle stuck between the concrete and I sustained bruises on my hand. My mother had to pull me out.

“What if it was my young kids who were playing there, I am a grown man I can withstand the pain but imagine a young child falling into it,” he told reporters at his house today.

“This is very dangerous… I am going to take legal action against the two parties.

“MBPP is the one responsible for giving the developers permission to carry out the project, so they are responsible for this as well,” he said.

Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng visited the house today and said that MBPP had ordered the developer to take responsibility for the damages suffered by Adnan.

MBPP officers will also observe the repair works until it is completed.

 

 

Full article…Here

Previous post:

Next post: