Rolls-Royce owner forced to climb out of £500,000 Phantom after it was swallowed by sinkhole

by Michael Mosher on October 16, 2017

Post image for Rolls-Royce owner forced to climb out of £500,000 Phantom after it was swallowed by sinkhole

A stunned Rolls-Royce owner had to climb out the window of his luxury car after it was swallowed by a sinkhole.

The driver, whose did not give his name, was fortunate not to be injured, but the same could not be said for his pricey Rolls-Royce Phantom, which cost him over 5 million RMB (563,225 GBP) after tax.

The driver had a lucky escape without injury

The bizarre accident happened on the streets of Harbin, capital of north-eastern China’s Heilongjiang Province, where he had been waiting at a set of traffic lights.

“I waited at a red light, and as soon as it it turned green and I set off, the road caved in,” the driver said.

His Rolls-Royce then fell front first into the six foot deep sinkhole, which also had a diameter of six feet.

He then opened the driver’s side window and climbed out, with others car steering clear of the fragile road surface.

The otherwise tiny sinkhole affected no other vehicles, swallowing only his Rolls-Royce on the day in a truly unfortunate accident.

Local authorities later helped sealed off the section of road and hoist his Rolls-Royce out.

Harbin police did not say what they believe caused the sinkhole.

The Rolls-Royce owner did not say whether his car was insured for such accident – or whether he would be demanding damages from the Harbin government.

 

 

Full article…Here

Previous post:

Next post: